Today’s featured college for 50 States, 50 Colleges is from Tennessee!
College in the Spotlight: Belmont University
Location: Nashville, Tennessee – just two miles southwest of downtown
Size: About 5289 undergraduate students
- Founded in 1890, it was originally known as Belmont College, educating young women from elementary school through junior college.
- It became coed in 1951 and has been known as Belmont University since 1991.
- For five years in a row, Belmont University has been named a top up-and-comer school by U.S. News and World Report.
- Nursing, business and music are the most popular of over 80 undergraduate programs.
- The Mike Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business program has been hailed as one of the best by Time and Rolling Stone Magazines.
- Country stars Brad Paisley and Trisha Yearwood attended Belmont!
- It is an NCAA Division 1 school with 17 intercollegiate teams – Belmont Bruins!
- Every year almost 400 students study abroad.
- Have you ever wanted to skydive? Well there is a club for that! The university offers over 130 different organizations so there is something for everyone!!
- They have a large service learning program. The vision statement is, “To be a premier teaching university bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service.”
Learn more about Belmont University by visiting http://www.belmont.edu.
Information Source: Belmont University website
Photo Source: Wikimedia Commons