Today, the spotlight for 50 States, 50 Colleges is on the District of Columbia!
College in the Spotlight: The Catholic University of America
Location: Washington, D.C. (about a 7 hour drive from Lowell Catholic and flight time is about 1.5 hours)
Size: about 3,694 undergraduate students and 3,144 graduate students
- The university began offering undergraduate programs 1904 (established in 1887 as a graduate school/research center)
- It is the largest campus in Washington D.C.
- Located in the heart of the nation’s capital, it is only a ten minute ride to Capitol Hill, Library of Congress, and Union Station
- The university has 9 undergraduate schools, including Architecture and Planning, Engineering, nursing, and Pre-Professional Studies
- There are over 20 research facilities
- There are over 80 student organizations
- The Campus Ministry offers numerous leadership opportunities, such as student ministry, service and justice, an retreats
- CUA in Rome is a flagship program where students can study for a semester. The curriculum focuses on the history and culture of Rome along with an Italian language course.
- NCAA Division III with 21 varsity teams
For more information, visit The Catholic University of America website!