College in the Spotlight: Wheelock College
Location: Boston, Massachusetts – It is within walking distance of Fenway Park, Newbury Street, Museum of Fine Arts, and The Freedom Trail.
Size: 871 undergraduate students
- If you prefer a smaller setting, this may be the school for you. There is a teacher to student ratio of 11:1 with an average of 16 students in each class.
- The focus of Wheelock College is to “make the world a better place – especially for children and families.”
- The school’s academic program is based on liberal arts and sciences and prepares you for a career in areas such as education, social work, or counseling.
- With Field Experience, students are exposed to on-site experience in the first year.
- Dining Services offers a Favorites From Home service. This service allows students to submit a favorite family recipe which allows the chefs to provide more choices that fit the student body.
- What is there to do? How about everything! Located in Boston, the possibilities are endless. You can catch a ball game, do some sightseeing, or go see a play!
- Wheelock College is part of the Colleges of the Fenway. In addition to Wheelock, the consortium includes Emmanuel College, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Simmons College, and Wentworth Institute of Technology. With this collaboration, students have the opportunity to cross-register for courses. Also, there are a number of activities that students can participate in among the different colleges.
For more information on Wheelock College, click here!