This edition of 50 States, 50 Colleges brings us to Utah. I had a difficult time choosing the best or interesting points about this school because there are so many wonderful things!
Location: Logan, Utah – 81 miles northeast of Salt Lake City
Enrollment: 27,812 – This includes distance education and regional campuses – 16,000 on the main campus.
- There are over 150 undergraduate programs offered.
- Old Main, also known as “The College Building,” is the university’s landmark. It is the oldest academic building still in use in the state of Utah.
- Logan Canyon is one minute away from campus. From here, you get to Beaver Mountain Ski Resort and Bear Lake. There are also 10 major ski resorts within a two-hour drive from campus.
- Are you worried about finding a job? Don’t be! Business Insider ranked Logan, Utah #1 as the easiest place to find a job!
- On the 2011 Forbes’ list for America’s Best College Buys, USU was ranked #1 in the west and in the top 5 for the nation.
- USU offers Housing Lifestyles. This is where floors are designated to reflect a particular interest or for students with similar goals. Concerned about not being able to focus on studying because of distractions? You could live on a Study Intensive Unit. If you have a passion for a particular club at USU, you can stay in a Club Suite. Others include the Leadership House and InterFaith House.
- Similar to Housing Lifestyles, Freshmen Interest Groups provides support that one may need as he or she transitions to college. Interest groups include Outdoor Adventures and Education.
All information is from the USU website.