College in the Spotlight: Southwestern University
Location: Georgetown, Texas – located just north of Austin
Size: 1,536 students
- Within 10 months following graduation, 91% of students find employment or continue their education.
- The university was ranked #7 by Princeton Review for best Career Services in the nation.
- Pirate Bikes is the university’s bike share program. Bikes can be found outside of residents halls, the parking lot, or library. If you need to get to a place on campus quickly, just grab a bike and leave it at your destination. The next person who needs a ride can grab it and go!
- 20 NCAA Division III varsity sports are offered.
- There is so much to do on or around campus! Friday Night Live gives students the opportunity to see a comedian, take part in karaoke, see a hypnotist, or listen to a band. If you want to get off campus, you can head into Austin for numerous activities and events.
- If you love animals you can join the Animal Behavior Society. Love to be outside? Contribute to the Southwestern Community Garden. These are just a couple of examples of the numerous clubs/organizations you can join.
- The King Creativity Fund awards grants to students who want to turn their ideas into a reality. The themes of the proposals range from art, theater, science, and charity.
For more information, visit http://www.southwestern.edu