I am so excited to be back with a new edition of 50 States, 50 Colleges! For the first of this school year, I bring you to the state of Illinois as we explore Blackburn College.
What drew me to choosing Blackburn College is the unique work program. As one of only 7 work colleges in the United States, this program provides not only an educational background but real-world experience in the workforce. The website states,
“As a college where students Learn, Work and Earn, Blackburn offers graduates a four year head start that allows them to excel in graduate schools, professional programs and the workplace. Blackburn’s education is based upon a strong liberal arts curriculum enhanced by experiential learning in a nationally recognized, student-managed Work Program. The College’s culture encourages students to build their leadership potential through increased work responsibilities and a leadership curriculum— putting Blackburn graduates in a unique competitive position with their peers.”
Click here for additional information on this nationally recognized work program!
There are several additional factors that make Blackburn College appealing:
- The school offers over 40 majors and programs to choose from.
- There are 550 full-time students.
- The school offers 11 NCAA Division III athletic programs.
- Washington Monthly named Blackburn College the 17th best baccalaureate college in the United States and #2 in Illinois.
- Because of the work program, students graduate with both an academic transcript and a work transcript.
Please check out the school’s website for more information!
(All information from the Blackburn College website)