I can’t believe we are back, ready to kick off another great school year! And with that comes news, articles, and features on this blog. One of our continuing features is 50 States, 50 Colleges. I am going to kick off this year with Nebraska!
I have to admit, I was not excited about picking Nebraska as the state where I would choose a college to write about. I was under the assumption that everything I researched would be boring. I am happy to say that Creighton University changed this.
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Size: 4, 065 undergraduate students
- Creighton University’s EDGE program focuses on student success while at the school and after graduation. This program provides tutoring and workshops that cover topics such as time-management and study skills. In addition to tutoring, academic coaches are available for one on one support. Also, students can take Edge 120: Strategies for Academic Success. This course teaches all of the necessary skills that lead to success in college.
- Of course the school has it’s strong academic program with over 50 majors to choose from, but the “other education” comes from the Student Leadership and Involvement Center. They want students to Discover, Develop, and Deliver. Within the center students can find various programs and events to help them achieve leadership goals. There is something for everyone. Click here for more details!
- About 97% of students who graduate from Creighton University either go to graduate school, volunteer, or are employed within 8 months.
- The university offers 14 Division 1 sports teams and is known to have a strong basketball program.
- Omaha is not what you would it expect it to be. Ranked as one of the top ten cities to live in, there is always something to do. With shops, restaurants, shows, and so much more, there is an activity that will appeal to anyone. It is also a great city for internship and employment opportunities. Ranked as the 11th best city for business and career opportunities by Forbes, Companies such as PayPal, TD Ameritrade, and First National Bank operate out of Omaha.
- Wish you could bring a car to campus but can’t for whatever reason? Creighton University has a great program where students can rent a Zipcar. For a small fee, students can reserve by the hour to get around campus or the city!
For more information about Creighton University, check out the website!